All applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens from developing countries, with a valid passport, or any other identification certificate which is sufficient to verify his/her nationality;
2) Applicants for the master's program must have attained a bachelor's degree or above, and have at least 3 years of work experience in government or public sector; applicants for the doctoral program must have acquired a master's degree or above, and have at least 5 years of work experience in government or public sector;
3) Applicants must be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers or candidates whose undergraduate education was not conducted in English are required to submit a test score of TOEFL or IELTS as proof of English proficiency. Applicants with the following scores are considered competitive:
− TOEFL 100 or above in iBT (Internet-Based TOEFL);
− TOEFL 600 or above in PBT (Paper-Based TOEFL); or
− IELTS 7.0 or above in overall band score.
4) All applicants shall be in good physical condition and not carry any infectious disease that could have a serious impact on public health or fall into any of the health situations prohibited by China's Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations.
5) Applicants must be recommended by government authorities, political parties, non-governmental organizations in their home countries, or relevant international organizations.
6) Only applicants recommended by the Economic and Commercial Counselor's Office of the Chinese Embassy in the country that accords with the candidate's nationality will be considered.